Tick Twister O'TOM
Tick Twister O'TOM is the safest and easiest way to remove ticks, hard-wearing and indefinitely reusable, contains two sizes, one for removing very small and small ticks and one for removing medium and large ticks.
O'Tom Tick Twister the best and safest way to remove ticks without leaving the mouthparts of the tick planted in the skin- without the use of chemicals.
Quick and painless without squeezing the tick, thus reducing the risk of infection.
Two sizes supplied in each pack (one for the adult tick, the other for larvae and nymph ticks).
- It doesn’t leave the tick’s rostrum in the skin
- It doesn’t squeeze the tick’s abdomen
- It removes ticks of any size
- It removes ticks from animals and people
- It doesn’t need any chemical products (alcohol, ether,...)
- It enables a quick and painless tick removal
- It is hardwearing and indefinitely reusable
How does Tick Twister® work?
There are two very important ways Tick Twister® works:
- The tick's body is not compressed while detaching it from the skin.
- Squeezing or crushing the body of the tick may force infective body fluids through the mouthparts and into the wound site.
- The tick is rotated instead of pulled. When ticks bite, they insert their long, central mouth-part (called the hypostome) into the skin. The hypostome is covered with sharp, backward-facing barbs (similar to a harpoon) which help keep the tick firmly attached while feeding. The twisting motion of the Tick Twister® removes the tick while keeping the tick's mouth-parts intact. Pulling on a tick with ordinary tweezers can leave the mouth-parts embedded in the skin.
IMPORTANT: Contrary to popular belief - DO NOT apply substances such as petroleum jelly, finger nail polish, finger nail polish remover, repellents, pesticides, or a lighted match to the tick while it is attached. These materials are either ineffective, or worse, might agitate the tick and cause it to force more infective fluid into the wound site.
How to use?;
- Select the correct sized tool according to the size of the tick - the large hook for medium and large ticks or the small hook for small and very small ticks.
- Hold the handle between your thumb and index finger and slide the fork end of the tool toward the tick until it is caught between the prongs.
- Lift the tool very lightly and rotate in either direction several (2-3) turns. You will feel when the tick has released its mouth-parts and it is safe to pull up on the tick and Tick Twister®.
Instructions for use:
|1. Choose the most suitable hook according to the size of the tick.
|2. Engage the hook by approaching the tick from the side until it is held.
|3. Lift the hook very lightly and turn it. The tick detaches by itself after 2 or 3 rotations.
Caution: Although tick removal with Tick Twister® minimizes risks, it doesn't guarantee that you (or your pet) haven't been contaminated by tick-borne micro organisms: this contamination may have occurred before the removal.