Zoetis Simparica chewable tablets for dogs
Simparica is a once-a-month oral medication for the treatment of fleas, ticks and sarcoptic mange in dogs.
Zoetis Simparica chewable tablets for dogs (3 tablets)
Simparica is an oral chewable tablet that needs to be administered on a monthly basis to protect your dog from fleas and ticks. It starts working quickly and remains effective for an entire month. It starts killing fleas in three hours of administration and ticks under eight hours of administration. This flea and tick preventive treatment provides immediate relief to dogs with prevailing flea infestations including the ones that already have flea allergies. It also assists in preventing and controlling home flea infestations thereby eliminating the possibility of growth of flea eggs. It also is effective in killing ticks and hence, it protects dogs from possibly life-threatening flea and tick borne diseases. It also proved effective in treating sarcoptic mange, a highly contagious skin disease in dogs.
This treatment is recommended for dogs at least eight weeks of age and 1.3kg in weight.
Simparica is available in 5mg, 10mg, 20mg, 40mg and 80mg dosage strengths.
How does it work?
This flea and tick preventive treatment contains Sarolaner as an active ingredient. It is a new kind of ectoparasiticide which has been developed by Zoetis scientists which starts to kill fleas within 3 hours of administration and in the span of eight hours all the fleas get destroyed. Its rapid onset of action assists in killing fleas before they even have a chance to lay their eggs, thus preventing home infestations and providing relief to dogs suffering from flea allergy dermatitis
- Effective even on dogs with flea allergies
- Enhances the clinical signs of flea allergies in dogs by getting rid of fleas
- Kills ticks
- Prevents and controls home flea infestations thereby killing fleas before they even lay their eggs
- Provides instant relief to dogs from prevailing flea infestations
- Prevents life-threatening flea and tick borne diseases in dogs
- Remains effective even on the 35th day after administration
- It is effective in treating sarcoptic mange
- Can be used in conjunction with prescribed vaccines, parasiticides and other treatments
- Children and pets should not be allowed to get near this treatment
- Not intended for human use
- Recommended for dogs more than 6 months of age and weighing more than 2.8 lbs
- Strictly to be used on dogs only
- May lead to abnormal neurologic signs like tremors, unsteadiness and/or seizures in certain dogs
- The safety of this flea and tick preventive has not been evaluated for breeding, pregnant or lactating dogs
Prescription required product - Homeovet Vet. Clinic Prescription service
Simparica should be given orally once a month. Dosage is recommended according to dog weight. Administer it by hand or mix it with food like other tablet medications. Ensure the dog takes the complete dosage.
Simparica 5 mg chewable tablets for dogs 1,3-2,5 kg 1 tablet
Simparica 10 mg chewable tablets for dogs> 2,5-5 kg 1 tablet
Simparica 20 mg chewable tablets for dogs> 5-10 kg 1 tablet
Simparica 40 mg chewable tablets for dogs> 10-20 kg 1 tablet
Simparica 80 mg chewable tablets for dogs> 20-40 kg 1 tablet