Flexi4 oral gel for horses
Flexi4 is a unique apple flavoured gel which contains a patented combination of 4 natural plant extracts which maintain joint flexibility and manage joint pain in horses, it doesn`t contain any substances listed as prohibited by the FEI.
Flexi4 provides a new and completely unique approach to equine joint health. Flexi4 is an oral apple flavoured gel which is to be fed once daily. Flexi4 contains a patented combination of plant extracts and acts as anti-inflammatory, anti-pyretic and analgesic properties and it does not contain any substances listed as prohibited by the FEI.
Flexi4 contains a blend of four carefully selected plant extracts, Curcumin, Yucca schidigera, Salix alba and Boswellia serrata, that have been shown to have anti-inflammatory, anti-pyretic and analgesic properties.
- Curcumin, an extract from the roots of the herb Curcuma longa, has been shown to down-regulate inflammatory pathways and inhibit the production of inflammatory cytokines. It has also been shown to significantly reduce the release of GAGs from the cartilage matrix.
- Yucca schidigera is a botanical extract, rich in saponins that suppress the intestinal protozoa, which are thought to have a role in joint inflammation in some circumstances. The extract also contains antioxidant polyphenols, which inhibit the enzymes of the arachidonic acid cascade, thereby reducing the production of inflammatory mediators.
- Salix alba is an extract of white willow bark containing salicin, polyphenols and flavonoids. These are reported to have a positive effect on chrondrocyte viability, differentiation and function as well as anti-inflammatory, anti-pyretic and analgesic properties.
- Boswellia serrata is the botanical extract of gum resin. Its role is to inhibit the pro-inflammatory cytokines and mediators which initiate the inflammatory process and produce anti-inflammatory activity at sites of chronic inflammation.
- Competition horses : 50 ml per day for 20 days , in particular during periods of ontensieve labor.
- Horses with joint problems : starting dose of 100 ml per day for 20 days followed by a maintenance dose of 50 ml per day for two months . This dosage regimen may be repeated several times per year .
- Older horses : 50 to 100 ml per day .
Both the administration period and the amount administered should be tailored to the individual horse .